About “The Ex”
The first exhibition was held in 1879 and has been held continually since, except for a year or two, and is coordinated under the Bear River Agricultural Society (formerly the Hillsburg Agricultural Society). Over the years, it has been held in two or three locations. In 1939, a separate account was set up for the exhibition. In 1970, the name was changed to the Digby County Exhibition and the Digby County Exhibition Society was established under the Societies act.
The Bear River Agricultural Society owns the buildings and rents them to the Exhibition Society. The Exhibition Society carries out all of the repairs/maintenance on the buildings and coordinates the show each year.
The exhibition is important to the agricultural history of our area. The exhibition demonstrates the use of animals for the purpose of farming and show. There is lots to learn!